Friday, October 19, 2012

Nocturnal Animal of the Day - Mice

Ok - I have to admit... I am not a fan of mice! If I see one I am screaming and standing on top of whatever is close by!! Somehow I actually enjoy this unit. Could be that the mice we study are actually cute and most of the time wearing clothes! Lol!

Mice Facts

A mouse is a mammal.
Mice are nocturnal.
The lifespan of a mouse is 1 to 2 years.
Mice weigh between 1/2 and 1 ounce.
Mice have tails as long as their body that help them to climb.
A group of mice is called  a mischief.
Mice can jump down 12 feet without hurting themselves!
Mice eat almost anything.
A male mouse is called a Buck.
A female mouse is called a Doe.
Baby mice are called Kittens or a Pinky.
Mice do not travel far from their nest.

Books about Mice

Town Mouse , Country Mouse
If you give a Mouse a Cookie
Mouse's Cheese Sandwich
Mouse's First Fall
Mouse and Mole
Big Week for Little Mouse
Geronimo Stilton Series of Chapter Books (my daughter LOVED these)
It's Pumpkin Day Little Mouse
Mouse on the Mayflower
Mouse's First Halloween
Bless this Mouse
Mouse Paint
Mouse and the Motercycle

Mouse Activities

Make a mouse sock puppet. Stuff a sock and add ears, nose, eyes and tail
Make a mouse fact book
Use a shoebox to make a mouse habitat
Read one of the chapter books and complete an illustration for each chapter
After reading Mouse Paint make a book mixing colors
Write your own "If you give a mouse..." book

We had a great time yesterday going to a painting class with some of the girls from co-op. Ashleigh made a beautiful cross painting.

I also got some job possiblilities . As I have already said - my heart is wanting more and more to stay home. Doors are beginning to open and I am so excited about the possibilities!! One thing that would make this transition SO much easier would be selling our house! We had it on the market a few years ago but took it off and have not reposted it yet. If anyone knows someone looking for a house or rental property in Dothan, Al send them my way! I have the house for them!!

On a sad note - Fall break is coming to an end :(   I will miss the time I have been able to spend this week with Ashleigh!


No comments:

Post a Comment